Personal Content Insurpass Collect and Why ?
We collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you give us: This is information that we collect, for example, when you register or buy an insurance policy through us, use the Insurpass Service (“API platform”), correspond with us (for example, by email or post), submit a claim via the Insurpass Service
- Cookies and other similar technologies: We collect cookies and other similar identifiers to distinguish you from other users of the Insurpass Service. For detailed information about the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, please see our Cookies Policy.
Further details of the Personal Content we collect and why we collect it is set out below.
|WHAT WE COLLECT||WHY WE COLLECT IT|
|Full name, email, phone number, home address, age, gender, location information|
|Details related to the insurance transactions, claims & other communications (email, chat, phone)|
|WHAT WE COLLECT||WHY WE COLLECT IT|
|IP address, pages visited, browser type and settings, cookies, and similar tracking information|
We may use your Personal Content and your marketing preferences to build a profile for you and to inform you of our products and services which we consider may be of interest to you. You have a right to ask us not to process your Personal Content for marketing purposes and may exercise that right by opting out at any time (see “Opting out of email & notifications for further information)
Opting out of email & notifications
You may opt out of different types of email communications using the unsubscribe link found in the footer of the emails sent. However, if you obtain insurance through Insurpass, for example, you will continue to receive legally required Service-related and Account-related information and documents, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
Types of Third Parties to Which We Disclose Personal Data and Why
ersonal Content is content added to your Insurpass service ID that personally identifies you. As a rule, our employees do not have access to any portion of your account and we make sure that our access and use of these services is protected at the highest level. We will never share your Personal Content with third parties without your separate permission. The above-mentioned is limited by the following:
- Partners, such as insurance underwriters with whom Insurpass jointly offers products or services to fulfill product or information requests, and/or to provide customers or prospective customers with information about Insurpass and its products or services.
- On rare occasions, we may be required by law, legal process, litigation, or governmental authorities, including meeting law enforcement or regulatory requirements to disclose your Personal Content. In such instances, if permitted by law, we will notify you of such request, and allow for you to interject yourself into the disclosure of such information
- Insurpass may also disclose Personal Content in special cases when we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend our legal rights or property, enforce website terms and conditions, or to protect the interests of our users or others
- We may disclose your Personal Content in connection with the sale, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization or other business transition such as merger, acquisition, or sale of all or part of Insurpass business, as permitted by applicable law. We will inform you of such disclosure prior to the implementation of any of these changes.
If you choose to purchase Protection
We partner with a leading insurance underwriters to provide our insurance services. If you do not purchase insurance through Insurpass then none of your Personal Content is shared with our insurance underwriters. If you choose to purchase insurance through Insurpass, then your Personal Content is shared with the issuer of the insurance. This is required in order to effectively deliver the insurance service to you.
Data Storage, Transfer and Deletion
How Secure Is My Personal Content?
We take many precautions to protect your Personal Content through technology, policy and procedures. For example, we use industry standard (SSL) encryption to protect your network communications; to the extent allowed by law, we run background checks on our employees; and we architect our networks to protect access to our storage servers. In addition to maintaining our high level of security, we are always striving to increase our security measures.
Your Data Protection Rights and Choice
Based on your location and applicable laws, below are the rights you have as a user in relation to your Personal Information:
- Right to be informed.
- Right to request access or copies to your Personal Information by contacting us.
- Right to request that Insurpass erase your Personal Information. You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information. Please note that this is a limited right which applies where the data is no longer required, or the processing has no legal justification. The exceptions to this right is where the applicable law requires Insurpass to retain a historical archive or where we retain a core set of your Personal Information to ensure we do not inadvertently contact you in future where you object to your data being used for marketing purposes.
- Right to correct or rectify any Personal Information that you provide which may be incorrect, out of date or inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You have a right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes by adjusting your notification preference on the settings page or by opting out via the unsubscribe link in marketing emails we send you.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Please note that where you object to us processing your Personal Information, we might be unable to provide the services to you.
The basis of we processing your Personal Information is your consent. You also have the choice at any time to withdraw consent which you have provided.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set above, please contact us using the contact information provided in the Contact Us segment below. Where we are unsure of your identity, we might ask you for proof of your identity for security reasons before dealing your request.
Some browsers may automatically accept cookies while some can be modified to decline cookies or alert you when a website wants to place a cookie on your computer. If you do choose to disable cookies, it may limit your ability to use our website. For detailed information on the cookies and how we use them see our Cookies Policy.
Data Protection Officer
Insurpass works with Data Protection Consultants (DPC) responsible for overseeing the Company's data protection strategy and its implementation to ensure compliance with the NDPR requirements. The DPC is knowledgeable on data privacy and protection principles and is familiar with the provisions of the NDPR.
Insurpass ensures that employees who collect, access and process Personal Information receive adequate data privacy and protection training in order to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence required to effectively manage the compliance framework under this Policy and the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) with regard to the protection of Personal Information. On an annual basis, Insurpass develops a capacity building plan for its employees on data privacy and protection in line with the NDPR.
Data Protection Audit
Insurpass shall conduct an annual data protection audit through a licensed Data Protection Compliance Organization (DPCOs) to verify Insurpass’ compliance with the provisions of the NDPR and other applicable data protection laws.
The audit report will be certified and filed by the DPCO to the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) as required under the NDPR.
Dispute Resolutions and Filing a Compliant